Are you a Software Engineer with a focus on native Android development? Would you like to be a key member of a dynamic, smart and passionate team, acting as the subject matter expert in all things Android, and being responsible for the team’s success? Dream Broker, a fast growing online video software company, is now looking for an Android developer to join the Garage Unit.
Garage is a disruptive technology unit at Dream Broker. It is a small and agile team with motivated and skilled professionals creating new apps for global markets. Our focus is on disruptive concepts and fast go-to-market operations and iteration. This is a distinctive opportunity where you can work in autonomous unit within a well-established company.
- Implementation of innovative ideas to challenge the limits of technology, especially on video
- Maintain, further develop and ensure the quality of Android product
- Collaboration with designers, other engineers and the Product Owner to design and implement the product, organized in sprints
- Practical experience with Android development, any applications already published will be looked upon favorably
- Strong knowledge on Java and familiar with Android frameworks & technologies such as Sensors, OpenGL ES, SQLite etc.
- Excellent skills in writing a clean and maintainable code as well as a passion for problem-solving
- Working experience on Server-Client application architecture and good understanding on Databases
- Good eye for implementing detailed UI and motion graphics
- Deep understanding of collaborative, test-driven, and agile development
We expect you to have:
- M.Sc. or B.Sc. degree, preferably in Computer Science, or otherwise comparable knowledge and understanding
- Experience in working as part of a software team, high sense of responsibility and a ‘getting things done’ attitude
- Experience in developing mobile applications as part of a team
- An attitude and interest for always learning new skills or improving current ones
- Very good English skills, both written and spoken
- Product development with cutting edge technologies
- The opportunity to work on a meaningful product that will make an impact
- Professional team of enthusiastic software professionals creating a new way of communication together
- Good-hearted colleagues, a diverse, international atmosphere and a sea view office
- An opportunity for professional growth in a unique work environment
Your passion towards product craft is contagious, you inspire and motivate everyone with exciting product development challenges, celebrate milestones and on-schedule shipments.
The job is full-time in Helsinki (Ruoholahti).
For further information, please contact:
Konsta Karppinen, Talent Acquisition Consultant (+358 50 470 5769)
Luyi Ma, Product Owner (+358 442388923).
Please send your application letter with CV to: email@example.com titled ‘Android Engineer’.