We are looking for a passionate Design Technologist to join our professional, collaborative, and multinational Art & Design team.
Dream Broker is a Finnish and European online video software company that takes cyber security very seriously. We have helped our customers revolutionise their communication and learning with online video since 2007. With 13 offices in 8 countries, we are growing rapidly.
As a design technologist (front-end engineer), you will be responsible for building and upkeeping our design system and making rapid technical prototypes. You will ensure that the details and implementation of our products are of the highest quality. You will enhance our design system through best practices in digital experience design while keeping on top of accessibility requirements.
If you like to combine your high-quality design and technology skills with attention to detail, we are waiting to meet you! At Dream Broker, you have the possibility to keep growing as a design technologist and front-end software development professional.
The Art & Design team at Dream Broker
- Designers have versatile skillsets that include interaction design, visual/motion design, prototyping with Adobe XD, UI, content, and marketing design, user research, design thinking, and brand and visual communication.
- Designers actively collaborate with product owners, engineers, marketing, content strategists, and innovation experts.
- As a design technologist, you will spearhead the ongoing work with our design system from a technical perspective. Depending on your skills and interests, you can progress into more responsible roles in future.
- The team regularly shares their work and participate in critiques.
- Creating and technically maintaining our design system. Managing components and unifying UX principles. Maintaining consistency, including documentation describing standards and best practices as a reference for designers and developers.
- Developing a deep understanding of every product in our product family. Having a good understanding of our customer requirements and business.
- Improving the necessary processes for technically scaling and managing our design system.
- Conducting UX audits of our existing interfaces, visuals, and design system from a technical perspective.
- Collaborating with our multi-disciplinary team of UX/UI, visual, and content designers, researchers, engineers, and managers, with a focus on our design system.
- Driving the evolution of our design system by providing clear technical governance and ownership.
- Rapid technical prototyping.
- Experience in working on design systems and relevant technical knowledge.
- Experience in UX/UI design for multiple platforms.
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Adobe XD, Storybook, etc.
- Proficiency in front-end development using framework and libraries of React.
- Experience in collaborating with and communicating design concepts to stakeholders.
- Knowledge of software product development processes.
- Good understanding of accessibility standards.
- Playing well with others and having a “get things done” attitude.
- Fluent written and spoken communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of mobile development, back-end, and databases.
- Desire to learn about new technologies.
We are ready to hire as soon as we find the right person for the position and our team. This is a full-time, on-site role at our Helsinki office in Ruoholahti.
At Dream Broker, we strive to create an inclusive environment and embrace diversity. We encourage anyone to apply regardless of gender, race, religion, age, ability, sexual orientation, or family status.
If this position interests you, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by submitting your application letter and CV (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Design technologist”, or by submitting the form below. If you have questions, you can send them to the same email address.