Are you a Software Engineer with a focus on backend technologies and infrastructure development? Would you like to be a key member of a dynamic, smart and passionate team, acting as the expert in backend development, serving the client applications, and being responsible for the team’s success?
Dream Broker, a fast-growing online video software company, is now looking for a Software Engineer to join its Garage Unit.
Garage is the technology unit that develops radical innovations and versatile projects at Dream Broker. We are now on a lookout for a good-hearted tech talent to join us in the mission of helping people and enterprises communicate, collaborate and learn with online video. This is a distinctive opportunity where you can work in an autonomous unit within a well-established company.
- Designing, implementing, and testing elegant code using Python, bash scripting together with other bright and experienced engineers
- Improve and further develop our existing microservices–based backend application, having full–stack mindset, taking both backend and mobile client development into account
- Engineer robust and globally scalable systems and continuously grow as a Software professional
- Working through details with other team members and designers to implement compelling features to continuously develop Garage product
- Experience and interest in technologies such as containerization, microservices architecture, databases etc. Having experience with OOP language (e.g. Java) is a plus
- Interest in software design patterns and architectures
- High appreciation of collaborative, test-driven, and agile development
- Strong technical design sense across the big picture through to the tiniest detail
- A true team player, high sense of responsibility and a ‘getting things done’ attitude
- On top of taking responsibility of a specific area in software engineering, you are flexible and willing to jump into a new area of technology when needed
To be successful in this role you have:
- M.Sc. or B.Sc. degree, preferably in Computer Science, or otherwise comparable knowledge and understanding
- An attitude and interest in continuous learning of new skills or improving current ones
- Very good English skills both written and spoken
- Professional software product development work with cutting-edge technologies
- The opportunity to work on a meaningful product that will make an impact globally
- A professional team of enthusiastic software professionals creating a new way of communication together
- Good-hearted colleagues, a diverse, international atmosphere and a sea view office
- An opportunity for professional growth in a unique work environment
We are ready to hire as soon as we find the right person matching the position and our company. This is a full-time role based in Salmisaari, Helsinki.
Please apply by submitting your application letter and CV (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Software Engineer (Backend), Garage”.
For further information, please contact Luyi Ma, Product Owner +358 442388923, luyi.ma(a)dreambroker.fi or Sami Siekkinen, CTO, sami.siekkinen(a)dreambroker.fi
Dream Broker is a Finnish online video software company and is one of the fastest growing technology companies in Europe. The vision is to revolutionize communication in a fun, natural and productive way, with videos. Dream Broker has over 800 loyal business customers and over 100 employees in the Nordics, The Netherlands and Germany. Dream Broker has been awarded multiple times for its innovativeness and growth. Dream Broker won Deloitte Fast 50 Finland competition in 2012. In 2013, Dream Broker held the 3rd position, and was selected and recognized as a Red Herring Top 100 Europe company. In 2013, Dream Broker was selected “Growth Company of the Year” by Tietoviikko, an authoritative IT newspaper in Finland. And in 2016 in its video distribution services review, Tietoviikko ranked Dream Broker’s online video software as best in its own class, nominating it with a highest score. During the years 2016, 2017 and 2018, Dream Broker has been included among the Top 250 IT companies in Finland. Dream Broker has offices in Helsinki, Turku, Stockholm, Copenhagen, Oslo, Amsterdam and Berlin. Dream Broker is one of the rarest providers that can offer truly cyber secure video communication software. Furthermore, Dream Broker is independent and under private ownership since its establishment in 2007. Dream Broker highlights sustainability, social responsibility and business ethics in all its operations.