Are you a Software Engineer with added expertise on native Android ecosystem development? Would you like to be a key member of a dynamic, smart and passionate team, acting as the subject matter expert in all things Android as well as contributing in wide range of other software development work.
Dream Broker, a fast-growing online video software company, is now looking for a Software Engineer to join its Garage Unit.
Garage is a disruptive technology unit in Dream Broker. It is a small and agile team within Dream Broker with motivated and skilled professionals creating new apps for global markets. Our focus is on disruptive concepts and fast go-to-market operations and iteration. This is a serious opportunity where you can work in autonomous unit within a well-established company.
Your primary focus would be working with our recently released new product Nian, a safe video messenger to help people staying in touch with their loved ones. What makes Nian special is its simple design and respect of privacy and confidentiality. You will have chance to play a significant role in the growth story of Nian. Learn more about Nian from https://www.mynian.com/
- Implementation of innovative ideas in the highest quality to challenge the limits of technology, especially on video
- Maintain, further develop and ensure the quality of Android application
- Collaboration with designers, other engineers and the Product Owner to design and implement the product, organized in sprints
- Practical experience with Android development, any applications already published will be looked upon favorably
- Strong knowledge on Java, Kotlin and familiar with Android frameworks & technologies such as Sensors, OpenGL ES, SQLite etc.
- Excellent skills in writing a clean and maintainable code as well as a passion for problem-solving
- Working experience on Server-Client application architecture and good understanding on Databases
- Good eye for implementing detailed UI and motion graphics
- Deep understanding of collaborative, test-driven, and agile development
To be successful in the role you have:
- Sc. or B.Sc. degree, preferably in Computer Science, or otherwise comparable knowledge and understanding
- Experience in working as part of a software team, high sense of responsibility and a ‘getting things done’ attitude.
- Experience in developing mobile applications as part of a team
- An attitude and interest for always learning new skills or improving current ones
- Very good English skills both written and spoken
- Product development with cutting edge technologies
- The opportunity to work on a meaningful product that will make an impact
- Professional team of enthusiastic software professionals creating a new way of communication together
- Good-hearted colleagues, a diverse, international atmosphere and a sea view office
- An opportunity for professional growth in a unique work environment
The job is full-time in Helsinki (Ruoholahti). For further information, please contact Sami Siekkinen, CTO, sami.siekkinen(a)dreambroker.fi
Please apply by submitting your application letter and CV (in English) to tech-careers(a)dreambroker.fi with the title “Software Engineer, Garage”.
Dream Broker is a Finnish online video software company and is one of the fastest growing technology companies in Europe. The vision is to revolutionize communication in a fun, natural and productive way, with videos. Dream Broker has over 1000 loyal business customers and over 150 employees in the Nordics, The Netherlands and Germany. Dream Broker has been awarded multiple times for its innovativeness and growth. Dream Broker won Deloitte Fast 50 Finland competition in 2012. In 2013, Dream Broker held the 3rd position, and was selected and recognized as a Red Herring Top 100 Europe company. In 2013, Dream Broker was selected “Growth Company of the Year” by Tietoviikko, an authoritative IT newspaper in Finland. And in 2016 in its video distribution services review, Tietoviikko ranked Dream Broker’s online video software as best in its own class, nominating it with a highest score. During the years 2016, 2017 and 2018, Dream Broker has been included among the Top 250 IT companies in Finland. Dream Broker has offices in Helsinki, Turku, Stockholm, Copenhagen, Oslo, Amsterdam, The Hague, Berlin and Frankfurt. Dream Broker is one of the rarest providers that can offer truly cyber secure video communication software. Furthermore, Dream Broker is independent and under private ownership since its establishment in 2007. Dream Broker highlights sustainability, social responsibility and business ethics in all its operations.