Dream Broker’s Operations team provides the crucial computing services to the Dream Broker Studio online video software, Nian video messenger and our other future technologies. Being part of the Operations team, you are a true enabler for Dream Broker’s growth. The Operations team takes great pride in providing robust high-quality services both to external as well as internal clients.
We are now looking for a professional System Administrator to join our Operations team. Together with our team, you will be responsible for maintaining and developing our computing infrastructure, which serves well over 1000 Dream Broker Studio customer organizations, and potentially millions of Nian users. You will have a key role in securing the performance of the production and development environments for all our products.
In the role of System Administrator, you have good command of the following areas:
- Maintaining server, storage, and networking hardware in secure, professional data centers
- Managing physical, virtualized and containerized Linux based systems (e.g. Ubuntu, VMware, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Installing, configuring and troubleshooting server software (e.g. Nginx, MySQL, Tomcat)
- Building and maintaining scalable, load balanced, high availability systems (e.g. Galera, HAProxy, Keepalived, Redis)
- Automating processes, and using configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Bash, Python)
- Managing platform and service logging and monitoring (e.g. ELK, Grafana, Prometheus, Zabbix)
- Implementing high cyber security requirements
- Working with 24x7x365 mission critical systems
- Strong hands-on track record in administering, maintaining, and developing computer and network systems and services
- Strong technical design sense across the big picture through to the tiniest detail
- Experience in industry standard certification and security auditing processes
- Experience in video streaming and high-performance video processing
- An academic degree (BA or MSc) in computer/networking sciences, or similar
- At least five years of operational and maintenance responsibility of a live software system
- Fluent Finnish and/or English language skills
- Inner drive to understand new technologies
- Calm, professional, and positive approach to work, colleagues, and customers
- Good values, ethics, and high working morale
Dream Broker gives you the chance to actively shape the future of communication with online video. Our video platforms are being intensively developed and this will keep you motivated as there are always new skills to learn and opportunities to work with the newest and best technologies. This means you will have an opportunity to continuously grow as a system administration professional and based on your experience and progression, you can develop into even more responsible roles in the future.
We are ready to hire as soon as we find the right person matching the position and our company values. This is a full-time role based in Salmisaari, Helsinki.
Please apply by submitting your application letter and CV (in English) to tech-careers(a)dreambroker.fi with the title “System Administrator”.
For further information, please contact Sami Siekkinen, CTO, sami.siekkinen(a)dreambroker.fi or Lauri Heikkilä, Director, Technology & Customers, lauri.heikkila(a)dreambroker.fi.
Dream Broker is a Finnish online video software company and is one of the fastest growing technology companies in Europe. The vision is to revolutionize communication in a fun, natural, and productive way, with videos. Dream Broker has over 1000 loyal business customers and over 150 employees in the Nordics, The Netherlands and Germany. Dream Broker has been awarded multiple times for its innovativeness and growth. Dream Broker won Deloitte Fast 50 Finland competition in 2012. In 2013, Dream Broker held the 3rd position, and was selected and recognized as a Red Herring Top 100 Europe company. In 2013, Dream Broker was selected “Growth Company of the Year” by Tietoviikko, an authoritative IT newspaper in Finland. And in 2016 in its video distribution services review, Tietoviikko ranked Dream Broker’s online video software as best in its own class, nominating it with a highest score. During the years 2016, 2017 and 2018, Dream Broker has been included among the Top 250 IT companies in Finland. Dream Broker has offices in Helsinki, Turku, Stockholm, Copenhagen, Oslo, Amsterdam, The Hague, Berlin, and Frankfurt. Dream Broker is one of the rarest providers that can offer truly cyber secure video communication software. Furthermore, Dream Broker is independent and under private ownership since its establishment in 2007. Dream Broker highlights sustainability, social responsibility, and business ethics in all its operations.