Dream Broker is the leading online video software company in the Nordics. Our vision is to revolutionise communication in a fun, natural and productive way with videos. Our online video software, Dream Broker Studio, is used already by over 1000 business customers in their communication, leadership and learning. Today, we are a team of over 150 professionals with a focus on rapid global expansion via Central and Western Europe.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to design and develop exciting and disruptive online video communication products to the worldwide market.
A good Software Engineer is the key to success when it comes to developing new software products. As a Software Engineer in Dream Broker you are certain to be in the middle of action, whether it is related to designing and implementing something new or solving an existing puzzling issue.
At Dream Broker we aim high. We strive towards big impact and long-term effect on the market, and we hope that ambitious goals drive your motivation as well. We believe that combining exceptional, elegant and simple design with solid engineering provides the foundation for world-changing innovation.
Your role and responsibilities:
- Designing, implementing, and testing clear and elegant code together with your bright and competent colleagues
- Engineer robust systems and beautiful interfaces and continuously grow as a Software Engineer
- Working through details with other team members and designers to implement compelling features to continuously develop our online video platform
- Developing and improving tools and processes to further advance team productivity and quality
- Working with the latest technologies
- Strong technical design sense across the big picture through to the tiniest detail
- A drive to learn new technologies and bring your subject matter expertise to the team
- Deep understanding of collaborative, test-driven, and agile development
- Experience and interest in software platforms and architectures, e.g. cloud service providers, managed services, containerization with relevant technologies, and CI/CD automation and orchestration
To be successful in the role, you have:
- a M.Sc. or B.Sc. degree, preferably in Computer Science, or otherwise comparable knowledge and understanding
- knowledge and experience in using design patterns and algorithms as normal part of your work
- experience in developing web and mobile applications as part of a team
- an attitude and interest for always learning new skills or improving current ones
We offer you a chance to actively shape the future of enterprise communication with online video. Our online video platforms are being intensively developed and this will keep you motivated as there are always new skills to learn and opportunities to work with the newest and best technologies. This means you will have a possibility to continuously grow as a software development professional and based on your experience and progression, you can develop into more responsible roles like Software Architect or Lead Developer in the future.
We are ready to hire as soon as we find the right person matching the position and our company. This is a full-time role based in Salmisaari, Helsinki.
Please apply by submitting your application letter and CV (in English) to email@example.com with the title “Software Engineer”.
You can also participate to our Code Challenge at https://challenge.dreambroker.jobs/ to showcase your skills already in advance.
For further information, please contact Lauri Heikkilä, Director, Technology & Customers (lauri.heikkila(a)dreambroker.fi, +358 44 29 000 21).
Dream Broker is a Finnish online video software company and is one of the fastest growing technology companies in Europe. The vision is to revolutionize communication in a fun, natural and productive way, with videos. Dream Broker has over 1000 loyal business customers and over 150 employees in the Nordics, The Netherlands and Germany. Dream Broker has been awarded multiple times for its innovativeness and growth. Dream Broker won Deloitte Fast 50 Finland competition in 2012. In 2013, Dream Broker held the 3rd position, and was selected and recognized as a Red Herring Top 100 Europe company. In 2013, Dream Broker was selected “Growth Company of the Year” by Tietoviikko, an authoritative IT newspaper in Finland. And in 2016 in its video distribution services review, Tietoviikko ranked Dream Broker’s online video software as best in its own class, nominating it with a highest score. During the years 2016, 2017 and 2018, Dream Broker has been included among the Top 250 IT companies in Finland. Dream Broker has offices in Helsinki, Turku, Stockholm, Copenhagen, Oslo, Amsterdam, The Hague, Berlin and Frankfurt. Dream Broker is one of the rarest providers that can offer truly cyber secure video communication software. Furthermore, Dream Broker is independent and under private ownership since its establishment in 2007. Dream Broker highlights sustainability, social responsibility and business ethics in all its operations.